I’ve Moved to Montreal

You may have noticed that I haven’t been blogging as much as usual these past couple weeks.

That’s because I’ve been busy moving my entire life from Boston to Montreal.

My wife was offered a great position at Concordia University.  And since I can work for ReactionGrid from anywhere on the planet with an Internet connection (we live the networked life!), we jumped at this opportunity.

So we packed up our house in Boston, shipped it all to Montreal, and piled in the car with our 2 dogs and 3 cats to start a new adventure.

We’re finally settled in our new house.  I’ve got my new home office all set up, unpacked my last box of books last night, and I’m ready to roll.

If you’re in Montreal and would like to meet and chat about 3d simulations and virtual worlds for education, let me know.

I’m also just starting to get my bearings while slowly improving my very rusty French language skills.  If you have any suggestions for me as I learn my way around this awesome new city, I would be most appreciative.

À bientôt!

-John “Pathfinder” Lester

About John Lester (Pathfinder)

John Lester is an expert in Multiuser 3D Virtual Worlds, Immersive Learning, Knowledge Management and Community Development. His background is in neuroscience research and medical education, and he previously worked at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital and Linden Lab. John is currently the Chief Learning Officer at ReactionGrid Inc., helping clients develop new systems for immersive learning using web and mobile-based virtual world platforms. For more contact info please see http://about.me/pathfinder
This entry was posted in Announcements and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I’ve Moved to Montreal

1. Richard Hackathorn says:

WOW! Big move! …to a very lovely city, possessing some of the best restaurants in the world. I am envious!

2. Bryn Oh says:

mon Dieu! you are now a fellow Canadian. I am just down the way in Toronto. First thing to do is to go get some Poutine and a touque, and whatever you do be sure to say you are not a Toronto Maple Leafs fan… or Boston Bruins for that matter.

• Pathfinder says:

I’ve had Poutine twice already. It’s awesome.

Already have a touque. And I’ll keep my mouth shut about all things related to hockey.

Ty for the advice. :)

3. n7eoj says:

Let me know when you move to Tucson…Pro’ly next winter. Lots of Canadian plates here then. ;-)
    Josain

4. Yolanda Hollingsworth says:

Oh dang, I just moved to Lowell, Mass (only half hour from Boston) from upstate, NY just last week. I got the new gig and will start working hard on my opensim project. Best wishes to you in your new home. I’m jealous since you finished unpacking. I haven’t even got my POD delivered yet. LOL.

• Pathfinder says:

Yeah, I unpacked pretty quickly simply because I spent all my free time the past 2 weeks unpacking about a hundred boxes. I’m still exhausted. Good luck on your own move!

5. What a beautiful city it is, too! Habitat is wonderful to see and I remember a gorgeous all-wood cathedral in/near historic Montreal. Congrats on your move and all the new connections to be made there.

6. malcolm says:

My french isn’t the best, but maybe we can trade french lessons for unity3d lessons haha

7. J.E says:

Frenchy here :) from North France
    if you need lessons here a community free site with some lessons. very useful site.
    http://www.tolearnfrench.com/ ..
    I read your GooglePLUS post about “Aug 22 – Welcome to JIBE World Demonstration with John “Pathfinder” Lester!” So, I’m starting today in reactiongrid as Jorge Erin, if you need help …i will be there