Let’s begin!

Time to start a blog.

I’ll be posting my thoughts on strategies for pioneers in virtual worlds, online communities, education, and more.

I hope you find it interesting and entertaining.

- John “Pathfinder” Lester

About John Lester (Pathfinder)

John Lester is an expert in Multiuser 3D Virtual Worlds, Immersive Learning, Knowledge Management and Community Development. His background is in neuroscience research and medical education, and he previously worked at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital and Linden Lab. John is currently the Chief Learning Officer at ReactionGrid Inc., helping clients develop new systems for immersive learning using web and mobile-based virtual world platforms. For more contact info please see http://about.me/pathfinder
This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Let’s begin!

1. PaleFire says:

I WUZ HERE ;-P

2. Congrats ;)

Can’t wait to read your post…

Will you also write about virtual world, education ???

3. soror nishi says:

bunnies, where’s the bunnies?? I woz promised bunnies… darned SecondLie

4. About time! On the RSS feed NOW!

5. Lalo Telling says:

Followed, and added to blogroll; looking forward to reading.

Thanks, btw, for invoking both Watership Down and diaspora during your presentation at SLCC. In the latter case, you might have used an older example… but Tibet is perhaps more timely and less fraught with side issues. Nevertheless, did you know that the Dalai Lama consulted with prominent members of that older diaspora for advice on how to keep a culture coherent in exile? There’s a book about it.

• Pathfinder says:

Just ordered that book. Thank you for the tip!

You’re very right. The history of how many cultures have adapted to diaspora is long and complex. I chose Tibet because of my recent work with tibetan buddhist monks.

The original Greek word for diaspora translates as “a scattering of seeds.” Deep and timeless meaning in those words.

6. Yay! Looking forward to following the seeds…

7. MariisMills says:

Uh, great – looking forward to following you in this sphere too :-)

8. Tina says:

Welcome to us bloggers! /Tina

9. Tracy Pierce says:

I read Snow Crash first – then bumped into Second Life.